• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my propane XJ running again

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
After spending nearly four years on jack stands in my garage, our house move meant that I had to get the '93 4.0L out of my old place and off to the new one 120 miles away.

It needed a bit of work to get it through the annual inspection and road legal again, but most of it was electrical except for a rear caliper that needed replacing. I had to rewire almost all of the propane system, the headlamp wiring and replace the horns. The electric seat controls no longer work, central locking rarely unlocks, keyless remotes have worn out switches. I will tackle these as time allows.

The worst thing was that I forgot to clean the interior before storing it. On it's last trip out MJR and I got stuck in a small swamp and the back filled up with mud. It took about three weeks for the smell to go since cleaning it, either that or I've got used to the smell and I don't notice it anymore. Using it as a daily drive for the time being as propane costs almost half the price of gasoline here in the UK. The silver '01 is taking a break for a while. I may end up converting her to propane too.

Got a smile on my face again.

I would love to get some info on what you did to convert to propane..pics would be nice to of how the engine bay is set up with it as well as the rest of the system.
Thank you
Jay

Back