• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NC/SC Caravan

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Who's going up and when? I plan to leave Friday morning from Charlotte. Haven't set an exact time yet..figured i'd see what everyone else was doing first. As for the route, there's 3 different ways according to Google that all are with in minutes of each other in total time. I was aiming for this one as it's less actual miles and should be a more scenic drive:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...45,-82.073364&spn=2.602079,5.795288&z=8&via=1

Thinking a pit stop for fuel and grub in Johnson City, which for those who are coming from the eastern part of the state, if you come up 421 through Boone, Johnson City could be a good meeting spot for those of us coming up from the south.

I'll be returning on Monday it looks like, but heading to Winston Salem for a 4th of July cookout/shindig at my parents house.

I'm heading out on the 30th returning the 4th to Boone then home.

im leaving columbia on thursday.. so i can fresh for fridays ride.

I'm going Friday morning, but my route will be to shoot up to 81. The other option is rolling through Boone, but I know the roads past that point can be extremely slow if you get behind the wrong person. I'll opt for the 2 lane highway.

I'll leave either early Thursday or after work on Wednesday. I take the woods to Spartenburg then 26 all the way to Gate City. Then I grad 421 for the nice drive to Harlan.

Back