• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to adjust control arm length

Short or long arm? Drop pitman arm? Stock steering? Drop trackbar bracket?

Pretty much just make them as long as you can (Not so much that they will break or loosen up on the threads though) without having anything bind. This is best done by removing the springs and shocks and check at full bump.

Dont forget to get the perfect size shocks and correct length bump stops either. Let us know if you need help figuring this out too.

Then, point the axle yokes at the transfer case yoke and then drop your axle yoke just a hair.

short arm. im pretty sure they are rubicon express.

I currently have just the stock steering. Im planning on going with the Inverted T/Chevy 1 ton TRE set up. I dont think I need a drop pitman arm.

I have a rubicon express track bar and mount that it came with not sure if it drops it down or not.

I plan on upgrading the shocks once I have everything else done

I dont get how they come up with the numbers being diff from the RE brackets and the RC ones. There pretty much the same. Besides the back brace. I have put both brackets next to eachother to compair.

The numbers are starting points to dial in your suspension. As it says very clearly, due to the differences in materials and overall lengths, the table below shows typical eye-to-eye control arm lengths for an XJ to bring the axle back to "normal" operation.

Back