• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new bushings in lower control arms

mxracer624

NAXJA Forum User
alright i just got done welding on shock mounts to the lower control arm mount.. in doing so im pretty sure the bushing is now shot and now im getting death wobble ever since then. so my question is.. i unfortunately have rustys fixed lower control arms so do i need to order the bushings from them? the reason i ask is because i swore to myself id never order another thing from that joke of a company again and would much rather buy elsewhere. God only knows how long itll take them to send me bushings. So im wondering will any other companys bushings work in my rustys lower control arms? thanks!

Rusty's makes thier control arms to house OEM size control arm bushings. replace old bushings with an OEM bushing maker such as Moog . or replace them with poly bushings from someone like energy suspension . although, note that if you use poly bushings , you must save your old bushing metal sleeves . i have yet to find poly XJ bushings that came with them . hope this helps.

Is the sleeve they fit in 2.1/4" id and 2" wide? Should be. The bracket the arm fits in thould be about 2 3/4" wide.
The auto parts store here has the replacement oem one's for $9.

Back