• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I have " limited slip Trac-lok Diff ??? hers waht build sheet says...

xjcherokee2000

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i just got the build sheet on my Jeep . Nowhere does it say "Trac-lok Limited slip " although it does say : "Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System" is this a limited slip ? or would it flat out say limited slip somewhere on build sheet ? ... Thanks so much for your help and time ! :yelclap:

Limited slip yes or no?
Lift the rear so that both wheels are off the ground, tranny in neutral. Spin a wheel by hand. If the opposite wheel turns the same way, it is LSD. If it turns the opposite way it is not.

You have an open dif unless the factory build sheet specifically says Trac Loc Limited slip differential.
Also most jeeps equipped with an LSD have a shiny metallic sticker inside the glove compartment that says, hold on I'll look:)

WARNING
This vehicle is equipped with a locking type differential. Rear wheel will drive even though opposite tire is raised. DO NOT run engine with car on jack unless transmission is in neutral or park. See owner's manual.

Back