• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need tire advice

El Taco

NAXJA Forum User
I am running magnum 17's, and need tires to pass inspection this month. Someone told me the specs on my ltx 265/70/17s but I can't find the post. Think it was 31.5 but could have been 30.5. Need the rubber by can't afford to lift. Can't afford mount and balance hardly but I can modify if it'll work. It's a 96 xj and all stock otherwise. All I can find is to trim the fender behind the flare, but will they clear so long as I don't flex much? Please pardon poor post from phone.

Find someone who has a set of rollers with decent tires and throw them on until you can get some tires.

Lessee..... 17" rims. 70% aspect ratio, times a 265mm tread width equals 185mm for a sidewall height. Double that, and convert to inches for 14.6" Add the 17" rim = 31.6" or thereabouts.

Or you could look on the manufacturer's website and see if you could find the revolutions/mile and figure from there.

Lessee..... 17" rims. 70% aspect ratio, times a 265mm tread width equals 185mm for a sidewall height. Double that, and convert to inches for 14.6" Add the 17" rim = 31.6" or thereabouts.

Or you could look on the manufacturer's website and see if you could find the revolutions/mile and figure from there.

This guy just set you straight. Good post.

http://www.redrock4x4.com/tireconve...txtWidth=&stxtRim=&submitButtonName=Calculate

dead on... i find this easier than doing the math though. lol. to the OP, as long as your springs are completely sagged out you should be able to get them to fit.

I carry about 400lbs worth of tools in the back, so I installed some beefy coilovers to comphensate a couple years back. It sits as high as my empty parts trucks, and I have five of them, so the plan is to trim out one of them before hacking away at the daily driver. Don't want to trash such a clean original, at least not in the driveway.

Back