• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do I know if my steering geometry is ok?

Poker315

NAXJA Forum User
so if my track bar was straight, it would be alot easier. But since it is somewhat of a "Z" it's not so easy. How can I tell if my track bar and drag link are parallel (I know they're not currently)? Thanks!
STEERING.jpg

I plan on doing a tie rod flip on the driver side (over the knuckle) and some other modifications i just need an idea of how i'll know when they're parallel.

On the many XJ lifts I've done, it gets a new track bar and bracket and the diff end mounts to the steering stab location on the diff. Almost zero bump steer. Look at your pivot point at the drag link/tie rod and the stock track bar mount and the steering stab mount. Those should be roughly in the same area. The same goes with the frame end.

I've only dealt with BDS and theirs mounts to the stab location and drops the frame side with a bracket that works with their bar. You already have a dropped pitman arm, just need to rework the track bar.

A drop bracket on the frame side would help and/or adjusting the axle side will get it dialed in.

However, if you plan to go OTK I would wait to adjust the trac-bar till after you do.

A HD mount that goes to double shear should drop that frame side mounting point down a tad.

Sent from tapatalk on iJunk

Back