• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mounts busted?

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
35028167764_ORIG.jpeg

1035028317450_ORIG.jpeg

Do either of these look wrong to anyone else?
I'm getting some clunking sounds from up front after dropping/ reinstalling the tranny and the engine tilted pretty far back. I'm afraid i effed them up.

those are in RELATIVELY good shape for oem's...

oem motor mounts are self destructing, aka the oem 2 (or 3) peice motor mounts. replace em with a better design... aka M.O.R.E., browndog, jeeperjohn, ironman4x4, etc , etc. search to find the right ones for your application, vibration wise. i run the M.O.R.E.'s.

I had some on the MJ i think were ironman? that build was about two years ago. I liked them. they are in decent shape for OEMs but my powertrain is sitting at a slight angle now. Just enough of one that the rear driveshaft is off enough for me to eyeball. That D/S mount in the pic looks like it's pushed out of the metal mount. Time to keep on with the perpetual "build", eh?

it's my opinion, that ANY JEEP, owned by entheusiests, should have aftermarket motor mounts as standard equipment, even before the lift!

spend that $100 on motor mounts, or you'll be spending it on a new radiator! =)

You might want to use better bolts for the mount-to-block. I had all of them shear off (on one side) on my old '95 after hitting a minor bump. Heard of this on the Cherokees more than a few times.

Back