• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BIG problem...

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
First off, i have a 1989 xj with 7-or-so inches of lift, 4.0, AX15. I have been working on the clutch and after much wrangling, got it to work after one attempt at gravity bleeding.

My BIG BIG BIG issue? where to take it to go wheeling first?!?!
hahahahaha I benefited from so many "help me " posts, i didnt have to ask any questions tech-wise and appreciate it.
BTW i used the "search" function. Funny how that works.
On a rather tech-related side, i did get the new internal slave cylinder bled on the first try. I installed it carefully, didnt break the shipping straps on both sides.
I poured fluid in until it began to pour out of the bleeding screw into a coffee can for about 4-5 mins. then i shut off the bleeder, and slowly pumped the pedal about three times and it was as firm as it ought to be.
It looks like i am one of the lucky ones that got it on the first try. OF course i used to rebuild clutch systems for MGs. Little British buggers. If you can fix an MG... Jeeps are right up your' alley.
Guess ill head out later and poke around. Thanks for everyones help to others that helps , well, others.... and others, and others.

Back