• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to buy a new radiator

robsjeepxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I'm looking to replacement the radiator on my 2000 cherokee sport, it's got A/C, automatic trans and everything else you can think of. My question is how many rows is the stock radiator have 1 or 2 row?

I want to upgrade to an all aluminum one to get rid of the plastic tanks but I'm not sure which one to buy. I see several companies selling 1, 2 and 3 row models and am not sure which one I actually have so I have no idea what will be an upgrade and what won't.

I've also heard that the 3 rows have very small cooling tubes so they would clog up more easily, is this true? What I'm thinking is that if the stock one is a 1 row I'll get the 2 row and that will be fine.

I'm replacing it because I'm getting a small leak I think is from the radiator, I don't see any fluid loss but I smell antifreeze when the jeep is hot and the smell is coming from the area around the radiator. I do not have any overheating issues.

I went with a CSF 2674, Brass/Copper all metal, 3 row.

It was 93* with 70% humidty yesterday and she would not go past 210* sitting in traffic. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Just bought the 3 row all aluminum one. It's from Champion Radiators. Should be here in a few days. :eeks1:

I just bought the same one about a week ago and I love it. I mounted 3 10 inch electric fans to it with a thermostatic fan controller and it never reaches 210.

I plan on running the stock mech/elec fan setup with it at least for now I don't want to complicate things and wind up overheating it. With the 2000+ 4.0 a single overheat could be all it takes.

I would go with the CSF 2 core radiator if that is your problem. I put one into my '00 also earlier this year and have been very happy with it. Cost was really cheap also.. $150 if i remember right using my buddies dealer account. It was a direct fit into my '00, automatic, a/c..exactly like yours.

With the radiator, new waterpump, HD fan clutch and the stock electric fan i have not seen temps go higher than the 210 mark even sitting in traffic with the a/c on.

I just bought the same one about a week ago and I love it. I mounted 3 10 inch electric fans to it with a thermostatic fan controller and it never reaches 210.

X3

I just got mine installed today actually. Just out of curiosity I put a 160 t-stat in it just to see how it would handle it. I had only one of my two stock XJ electric fans on and it no problem keeping it at about 170. It was 100 degrees today, I'm happy with it :D

Back