• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sat 5/28 Elvis and AA

OddBallXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Sat was a shakedown run for the rebuilt trans and t/case. Ran Elvis and AA with Charlie and Brian. A good day and the trans and t/case worked well. The up-n-over denied all 3 of us. I lost the bead on a damaged tire.

All had to pull cable for the fall on AA. Also spit a ujoint cap on the rear driveshaft which was fixed in short order.

Here are my pics. I'll add as others post up.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh267/jporvaz/20110528 Elvis_AA/

P5280001.jpg

P5280017.jpg

P5280031.jpg

Low range was very nice. I was actually able to spin the tires on the up n over. Bottom is dug out and there are some undercuts which are difficult. Suck-down winch might have made a difference for all of us.

There is a suck down winch in my NEAR future for SURE. I have already started on this summers upgrades on the buggy and that will be the last of the 3 upgrades.
I am starting on the 6 shooter knuckles with Trunnion bearing eliminator kit. The 4.7 to 1 Gears in the rear T-case will be next and then a suck down winch on the front.

I had a BLAST on Saturday with the little Baby jeep that could. I was against John doing Axle Alley but other than the fall which we ALL pulled cable on, he made it very nicely. WAY TO GO GRAMPS!!!!!!!!!:moon:

Lata

Boy, You guys are slipping. The day started late when I lost a belt on the Tow rig. Brian came to the rescue and hauled me in to Coolidge for a belt and coolant. Only to find that the water pump had siezed and caused the belt problem. I only have 195k miles on this pump WTF. Time to leave the truck and go wheeling. Afterwards John took the trailer home for me. Tow truck got the Ford home and the Jeep was driven back to CG. Great day with good helpful people. Thanks guys. OH yeah , nice pics.

Boy, You guys are slipping. The day started late when I lost a belt on the Tow rig. Brian came to the rescue and hauled me in to Coolidge for a belt and coolant. Only to find that the water pump had siezed and caused the belt problem. I only have 195k miles on this pump WTF. Time to leave the truck and go wheeling. Afterwards John took the trailer home for me. Tow truck got the Ford home and the Jeep was driven back to CG. Great day with good helpful people. Thanks guys. OH yeah , nice pics.

That's some bad luck, good to see you have your priorities right though. Wheel first then figure out the truck lol.

Charlie, it was my pleasure to help you out sir. I will collect my beer the next time I am up in Casa Grande. LOL
The wheeling was GREAT enough to give a crap less about the broken truck. until afterwards anyway!!!!! LOL
:explosion

OUCH, Strong words coming from a Leaking Cheby guy!!!!!

cant argue that!!!

Why not, its a FUN thing to do!!!!! LOL

Back