• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simple Way to Keep the Electric Fan On?

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
Excuse me if I am 100% wrong on this but I thought I read a short write up on if you unplugged a certain wire on your a/c compressor and you selected A/C in the cab the aux fan would run and the engine wouldn't be put under the stress of running the compressor?

I have a 93 XJ and I wasn't sure if my jeep has the right set up for that.

Nick

On my 89 I unplugged the radiator switch by the airbox and ran two wires up to rear defog on dash(not used due to new rear glass w/no defrost).

You could unplug said connector and jumper the terminal to have fan run at all times.

I have a 91 that I tapped a wire into on the radiator fan control relay and have control of it at will. You could hard wire it to stay on always if you wanted it to.

Be careful in making a jumper, mine would back feed the electrical system and it would keep my truck running for 3-5 seconds after key was shut off.

If you unplug the compressor coil, and select a/c it will run, unless the freon level is low. In which case, you need to unplug the pressure switch on the accumulator and put a jumper in it.

Back