• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are stock wires under back seat?

not sure either i have some that runs alone the floorboard but goes no where I think it could go to the heated seats i guess? not 100% sure

Hmm. I don't have a 97+ but....

It could be the fuel pump wires if they are behind the drivers seat.

Lets go through a checklist of whats behind that area. Speakers, Fuel Pump, Taillights, are all of these working?

tail lights, speakers, and rear fluid line for the rear window washer, power line for the plate light, and rear dome, ammongst others, go thru the corner panel, lower drivers side along the edge on my renix... similar on late models?

ABS sensor harness if memory serves. Those should be the only thing under the seat. Everything else normally runs on either side.

Mine has that harness... at least a couple wires went to the vapor canister

And the rest you should worry about is the trailer harness, tail lights, fuel pump, speakers, wiper stuff, etc.

Thanks guys-
I swapped the rear axle, so no longer have abs
fuel pump/gauge still seem to be working
rear wipers still working fine
already have rewired the speakers, so that's not a concern
also rewired trailer harness, so unless the tailights are out, it should be fine

I will check all the lights tonight, but seems like whatever it was, I must not have needed.

i dont think leaving exposed wires is a good idea. just splice them back. youll find out what they went too later and it will be more work to figure out what they did or how they were connected. at least now you have a fresh memory. months from now it will slip. having the bare wire can cause a short or fire. not that this will happen and i hope it doesnt but butt connectors and tape if you dont have any will cost 3 dollars. cheap insurance.

I'm guessing that you hit the wiring harness for the factory Infinity amplifier. It has 12 wires coming in and 9 wires going out which is pretty much in line with what you mentioned in your first post. A majority of them are speaker wires which shouldn't be a concern if you've already run new speaker wires. However, there are two 16g Violet colored wires on the input side that are Fused B(+) wires and could potentially still be hot. On the output side there is an 18g Dark Green/Red wire that is a 12V+ Output to the radio, but it won't be hot if your amplifier is no longer there.

Back