• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/2 ton ford dana 44 front

revmeup

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at some options to up date my Dana 30 front axle. I am considering a high pinion Dana 44 from a late 70's Ford 1/2 ton 4x4 axle with locking hubs. My thought is to remove the "C"'s and cut down the axles to match the TJ Dana 44 lengths for both sides. My question is does any one have an ideas for changing the hub/rotor to a 5 on 4 1/2 from the 5 on 5 1/2? Can I just re-drill the hub and rotor?

THX

Research this axle swap, it's very common here. Most stick with the 5x5.5

I don't think you can do that. The hub is too big for the center of the 5X4.5. It would be better to upgrade y our rear axle to an alloy axle with dual patterns and go with the bigger pattern. It is better for the wheel anyway.

A wheel with the 5 x 4.5 pattern does not have a large enough center hole to fit over the hub either, I think.

I am looking at some options to up date my Dana 30 front axle. I am considering a high pinion Dana 44 from a late 70's Ford 1/2 ton 4x4 axle with locking hubs. My thought is to remove the "C"'s and cut down the axles to match the TJ Dana 44 lengths for both sides. My question is does any one have an ideas for changing the hub/rotor to a 5 on 4 1/2 from the 5 on 5 1/2? Can I just re-drill the hub and rotor?

THX

Why go to the D44? Are you running 35's or do you want to run bigger?

Back