• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery and winch wire size

Gecko321

NAXJA Forum User
I mounted my batter inside the xj behind the passenger seat. What would be the best way to wire up the starter and winch? was thinking about running the wire straight from the battery to the starter and ground on the block. Than pigtailing off of those connections for the winch.. does that sound like a good idea or should i get some sort of distribution block for the positive? i have some #2 wire. would that be big enough or should u go larger. The winch i am running is a Mile Marker M8000.

you should probably do 1awg wire for the battery and winch. jon just sent me the wires i'll need to move my battery his screen name on here is 5-90. pm him about what you need and he'll get it for you. saved me a ton of time. plus he's a cool dude and will set you straight with everything you need.

Back