• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked Unibody???

BotakBeng

NAXJA Forum User
Does these pics shows a cracked unibody/frame?
Appreciate if someone can comment.

Thx in advance.

CrackedUnibody1.jpg

CrackedUnibody2.jpg

That is not what is considered Unibody cracking. That is an area where separate smaller panels were combined to build the Unibody. The seam should be tighter, but that may be how it left the factory.

Are there any signs of stress or separation at the spot welds ? Are there any signs of previously repaired accident damage ?

As long as the bump stop/coil spring mount and the frame rail show no signs of damage that area is simply used for attaching under hood components and locating the fender. It is not a major structural piece of the Unibody.

Here is a wreck I fixed, I had to remove and replace that panel.
standard.jpg

That is not what is considered Unibody cracking. That is an area where separate smaller panels were combined to build the Unibody. The seam should be tighter, but that may be how it left the factory.

Are there any signs of stress or separation at the spot welds ? Are there any signs of previously repaired accident damage ?

As long as the bump stop/coil spring mount and the frame rail show no signs of damage that area is simply used for attaching under hood components and locating the fender. It is not a major structural piece of the Unibody.

Here is a wreck I fixed, I had to remove and replace that panel.
standard.jpg

No sign of separation at the spot welds, just the little gaps as shown on the pics and i'm not able to tell if there are any accident damage.

Sounds like i'm should be find huh?

btw, amazing job with the repair.

Thx.

Back