• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chevy 350 in xj cooling info

overkill84

NAXJA Forum User
i a have a 1984 jeep xj with a Chevy 350 engine and i used the stock radiator. it keeps it around 210 to 220 on the highway but go off-road is heats up fast. dose anyone have a cheap fix or idea to fit a bigger radiator in it. don't mind cutting to make it fit. :NAXJA:

if its okay on the Highway, but hot on the trail, I would look into a Better fan system

I got a 2 row aluminum circle track radiator, made mounts that put it between the steering box and frame. Ran it in my shop for a hour or so checking things and such and it never ran over 160'. That'll change once it's on the road.

DSC01001.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

Picture011.jpg

JBSJUNK--recall what the mfg and part number was for the upper radiator hose in your pic?

I got a 2 row aluminum circle track radiator, made mounts that put it between the steering box and frame. Ran it in my shop for a hour or so checking things and such and it never ran over 160'. That'll change once it's on the road.

DSC01001.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

Picture011.jpg
what are the dimensions of it and where can i get ine and what is the price for one:NAXJA:

it's kind of ironic that your SN is overkill84, but try sending a PM to "Mr.Overkill" on here, his name is Troy and he has an early XJ with an SBC in it that runs great. He may have some info for you. Tell him I told you to PM him about it, maybe he can help you out.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Overall, it's 19x22". I know it fits between the steering box and the frame with a inch or two left over. I got mine from Allstar AKA Lane Automotive. The part # is 30010. Paid approx $140 for it. The lower mount is a old truck upper support cut down and flipped over, bolted the front to the crossmember behind the bumper and made brackets to hang the inside.
http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=312&part=ALL30010&add=no

Back