• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5" Lift from Rusty's. Can I have some Feedback

TimboSlice

NAXJA Forum User
So I am looking at the 6.5 leaf pack lift from Rustys. Is there any feedback or comments I could get from you guys before I dish out 1250.00. I understand Rubicon Express is down. Im not looking to knock down anyones products here also, I understand everyone is going to have good and bad experiences with all the brands. Im simply looking for the veterans 2 cents with this brand and knowledge. Thanks. Also the link is just the lift I am looking at. Whats included ect. And does there shipping seem a little out of hand?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=RK-605SP-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

Last edited:
A 6.5" shortarm lift is going to ride very poorly. Rusty's has been known for poor quality fab parts and incredibly high shipping charges.

Call Rough Country. Ask for Jason. Tell him Naxja sent you to to check out a 6.5" kit with drop brackets or longarms.

Or wait for RE products to be back in production again.

Wow, that kinda surprised me. I was told that rough country is cheap. I guess that why I am asking you guys. I would eventually be upgrading to the long arm.

When you start by looking at Rusty's, RC is an upgrade. ;)

Check out TNT Customs for their kits. They make quality stuff, although its a bit more money.

I had rough country flex joints in my control arms (smae ones in that kit) They wore out extremely fast, and needed to be greased constantly, or else there was a horrid squeek.

I stay as far away from rustys as i can.

I have the rustys 6.5 long arm upgrade kit with the 4.5 rear leafs and 2in shackles. Ride is AWESOME! Rusty's have come a long way in the past couple years. Made in USA and I had great experence with them nad price was right.... My .o2

004.jpg

there is no perfect lift out there. I'd have to piece together my suspension to get what I want if I didnt build it myself.

whats the point of letting your coil fall out like that?

people will think you're cool.

I like my Rock Krawler kit a lot. I got the 3 link upgrade and was running RE coils I got used along with RE leafs I got new. Now I've still got the leafs, but got a set of used Deaver coils for cheap, and bought some Bilstein 7100s. Love the way it rides.

I like my Rock Krawler kit a lot. I got the 3 link upgrade and was running RE coils I got used along with RE leafs I got new. Now I've still got the leafs, but got a set of used Deaver coils for cheap, and bought some Bilstein 7100s. Love the way it rides.

You probably will not hear anything bad about Rock Krawler... I never have and was a dealer for them in their early days and did enough volume to get their best discount. Their stuff is overkill in strength and rides well. Their customer service is terrific. I was also a dealer for Rusty's and have nothing good to say... anyone can change I guess. If I was buying short arm I would definitely go Ironman 4x4- Their stuff is extremely nice for the $$

Last edited:
Back