• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj steering

lozinge

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone has fitted wrangler yj steering rods to there xj.
Also going to do OTK as well.
I know i have to move the track bar up to compensate.

the stock taper goes the opposite way, if you re-taper it going down, you get a XXXXed up hole that only contacts the tre over like a 1/32". you gotta drill it out, and weld in an insert, like many people do for 1-ton OTK steering setups.... you'll probably find out a bunch of stuff hits, but without prior experience with that specific steering, i cant tell you what. if i had to guess, i'd say sway bar mounts, possibly coil buckets and stock trackbar mount...

in other words,. this is a lot of work, to run stock steering? sounds retarded. your location says UK, you RHD or LHD? that can complicate things EVEN MORE...

2011-05-14090726.jpg

I did mine bcause I didn't like the angle my passenger side TRE was at with my lift height and I am not a fan of the Y link on anything with alot of suspension travel so the goal was to eliminate it.

At the time I didn't have the cash to go aftermarket and I picked up the YJ stuff for next to nothing,eventually I will go to a 1 ton set up

Thanks guys. I would like to do the wj steering set up but in the UK used items for them arehard to come by and are expensive. 1/2 ton steering is a no go as we are RHD.
Main reason i asked about the yj set up is because a can get it all for free from a guy in the club.

You could get a LHD from this side of the pond and then do an OTK flip a'la gojeep.

Rusty's hd steering is just like the YJ setup. but stronger. and you can do a over the knuckle conversion if you relocate the trac bar to the top of the axle with a weld on relocation bracket and shorter trac bar.cut the sway mounts on the axle and drill and use the inserts.

Back