• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone help me with a tcase drop?

smiler82

NAXJA Forum User
Just spent the last several hours trying to install one of the easier mods for the xj and I have to admit failure. Pass. side bolt snapped and my attempt to drill it out has failed (and looks to have ruined some of the threads in the hole).

Anyone in Northern IL with the right tools/brains that can help me with this seemingly simple project? I assume it's a bad idea to drive the rig with only 3 crossmember bolts installed....

I can sympathize with your situation. That same thing happened to me on the passenger side with the rear bolt. Who ever thought that putting bolts on the passenger side, and studs on the passenger side makes sense needs to be dragged behind the XJ for several miles.

Anyway, I ended up having to "window" the subframe and knock the weld nut out and replace it with a nut. After welding the new nut on place, I welded the "window" closed.

Don't feel bad about "failing" at an easy mod. There have been MANY easy mods that have shown me who is the boss...

HTT
|________
[|_[__\,___\,__
l--___--_[olllllllo]
()_)' ' ()_)--o-)_)

Back