• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Center Bolt too long before threads?

gregruot7

NAXJA Forum User
skxjet.jpg

These are my 2 leaves i'm using for a bastard pack

116krkm.jpg

This is the center bolt I got at a local auto parts store, this is the only length they had..

My question is, will I need a shorter bolt that has the threads closer to the leafs? It will be a 4 leaf pack using the Main Xj, Then Main s10, then 2nd XJ then second s10.

Could I reuse the s10 center bolts if this is too long? They were in decent shape and seemed long enough.

skxjet.jpg

These are my 2 leaves i'm using for a bastard pack

116krkm.jpg

This is the center bolt I got at a local auto parts store, this is the only length they had..

My question is, will I need a shorter bolt that has the threads closer to the leafs? It will be a 4 leaf pack using the Main Xj, Then Main s10, then 2nd XJ then second s10.

Could I reuse the s10 center bolts if this is too long? They were in decent shape and seemed long enough.
put all the leafs together then check but if it aint long enough gaet a diffrent bolt, and DO NOT reuse any center pin bolt
u could always use grade 8 washers to make up the difference then cut the bolt
guess the air is different up north

Get some round/allen head style bolts from hardware store.. Thats what I have in my bastard pack.

okay so I just tried the center bolts and they are definitly too long....

Hardware store bolts will really work? Aren't leaf spring center bolts unique? Safety is my top priority, because this is a DD

Go buy some of these at the hardware store

metric_socket_head_cap_screw.jpg

They are typically sold in standard and metric sizes and are usually high grade. The tall head works good for a centering pin. Measure the hole in your leaf and the thickness of the leaf pack so you know what size you need to buy.

Its all about the U-bolts! I always suggest 9/16"!

Back