• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Startin to get that ghetto look...

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
'96 Cherokee and that thin felt material that covers my ceiling is starting to come down a bit. Like when it comes down in the rear and starts at the very back.

Is there an adhesive anyone can recommend to fix this? I'm imagining some sort of spray on adhesive might work well.

Thanks

There are PLENTY of threads about doing and or fixing the headliner if you do a SEARCH. My favorite spray adhesive for the job is 3M-heavy duty spray adhesive. It comes out more like sting confety then a spray. It works really well.

You really cant just spray stuff on there and make it stick (unless you want it to REALLY look ghetto.

You need to take the backing board off, scrub all the foam off it, go to Joanne's fabric (or a fabric of your choice) to get the headliner cloth.

Then it's off to the hardware store to get some 3M #77 or better (3-4 cans and it ain't cheap)

You can follow the instuctions here>>>

http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutorials/cherokee/

Takes the better part of a day to do it

Back