• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random loose wires?

Jmeadows

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a 96 4dr 4wd I6. While trying to figure out why my jeep is being tempermental about moving in gear i foudn these connectors near the coolant resevior... Anyone recognize them and what do they goto?

2011-05-08112122.jpg

2011-05-08112200.jpg

2011-05-08112215.jpg

I have some random connectors like that next to my coolant bottle and have seen many other XJ's with the same thing. They used to use the same wiring harness's for every vehicle. If you did not have all the options you would end up with connectors that go to nothing.

ok thats what i was assuming i just havnt seen under other cherokee hoods... i have sport model so it wasnt fully loaded and it doesnt have abs so some of these are probably it there are 3 total.

Some loose connectors you might have by the coolant bottle; cruise control, under hood light, overhead console outside air temp sensor.

Many of the loose cords under the dash are labeled; foot well lights, under dash tweeters, towing wires.

Most factory options you don't have can be easily added and are often found at the local "you pull it" type of junk yard.

Mike

Man that list of things to pull at the yard just keeps getting longer lol

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Back