• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball joint question...

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
So I was curious.

Does anyone happen to know if Crown XJ ball joints use teflon liners like the Spicer joints? What about Moog?

142019-add1-lg.jpg

Synergy Suspension (poly performance) recently came out with all metal joints, but they are $125 a side! :scared:

:cheers:

Last edited:
Every Crown suspension part I have ever purchased has been totally worthless. They either fit extremely poorly or simply do not last.

What is wrong with Spicer or Moog parts ?

Spicer are the longest lasting ball joints I have come across. The XRFs are doing pretty good, but are much higher priced. Don't know anything about the Poly pieces.

Every Crown suspension part I have ever purchased has been totally worthless. They either fit extremely poorly or simply do not last.
x2.. like my 14.9" left UCA, and 15.6" right UCA lengths out of the box:wierd:

Moog apparently isn't all that great. I put moog ball joints on 2 years ago, 25k miles later and they are shot. Completely done and have a lot of play yet somehow my OEM spicer joints lasted 100k miles with lots of wheeling and only had a fraction of play compared to what these moogs have now. Next ball joints for me will be either spicers or XRF if I can find a place to buy them? anyone know where?

I believe xrf have no plastic liners in them, and also poly doesn't have joints for us xj dana 30s yet only the JK's.

I recently purchased the ball joint kit from ,IIRC ,Discount Jeep parts, they came with the Ada-Omix and Crown parts stickers on the box placed over the Spicer stickers on the box. They were in fact Spicer ball joints. YMMV

...poly doesn't have joints for us xj dana 30s yet only the JK's.

FWIW, they are taking pre-orders. Supposedly they will be shipping by "Early June" :dunno:
One thing I do know for sure is, $250.00 is a bit much for me to be spending on ball-joints for a D30.
XRFs are starting to sound good.

Sorry Bryson, I have no idea what the innards are made of.

I put the Poly joints into my dad's JK. WORTH. EVERY. DIME.

Crown balljoints lasted me ~1 run in my Dana 30. I could get a full season of heavy abuse out of a pair of Spicers.

I put the Poly joints into my dad's JK. WORTH. EVERY. DIME.

Crown balljoints lasted me ~1 run in my Dana 30. I could get a full season of heavy abuse out of a pair of Spicers.

not to beat a dead horse, but as we spoke about on the phone that time, Crown has gone through a couple changes of manufacturers since you used them years ago. Between Spicer & TRW, they've been (knock on wood) problem free for a long time.

not to beat a dead horse, but as we spoke about on the phone that time, Crown has gone through a couple changes of manufacturers since you used them years ago. Between Spicer & TRW, they've been (knock on wood) problem free for a long time.

How long is a long time?

When one can put 100k+ miles on a set of Crown's, and still be cheaper than Spicers, sign me up. Until then, I'll stick with what works.

Back