• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what 33 x 12.5 tires to buy?

what brand 33x12.5x15 tires to buy?

• goodyear with kevlar

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • bfg km2

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • maxis creepy crawlers

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • iroks

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • other

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters

knucklehead 61

NAXJA Forum User
i want to swap out my 35" mtr's & go down to 33 x 12.5's when i finish my weld on bead lock rims. (i need to lower my heep so my 5'-1.5" wife can climb in in heels :gee:)
anyway, i was planning on going with goodyear kevlars.
(i think maxis creepy crawlers would wear out too fast on the street)
but i looked at some bfg km2s today that looked beefy.
i don't do much mud, typically dirt trails & rocks.
i keep telling myself this is my mellow rig & i am sure if i keep going on 35's i will flop it. (i have another xj on tons & 39.5 iroks for serious beating)
so...what should i buy?

The KM2's are IMO the best all around tire out there. They wear well on the street, not too loud and do really well in the rocks. Most of the guys in my local club run BFG's either KM2's or Krawlers and have had great success with them so far. There's always the fact that they look cool too. I'd run them if my Trxus weren't still in good shape.

where can you get a 33" creepy crawler?

and where can you ger a 33" irok in a non-bling wheel size?

where can you get a 33" creepy crawler?

and where can you ger a 33" irok in a non-bling wheel size?

My thoughts exactly.

And I wouldn't drop down a tire size. I've had girls climb in my jeep with heels on with no complaints. If they did complain, I'd tell them to ride with someone else. :moon:

That being said, my 35's are Kevlars.

Buy 2 cheap harbor freight Atv winches and hook them to your axles. Use them to compress your suspension for your wife to get in and out. I think that would be very gentlemanly of you, like putting your jacket over a puddle. plus, you could utilize them for hill climbs and decents, just my 2 pennies.

I'd buy the first deal on set of 33s in good condition that comes up for sale. I wouldn't bother buying new when so many people are stepping up in tire size constantly.

I'd buy the first deal on set of 33s in good condition that comes up for sale. I wouldn't bother buying new when so many people are stepping up in tire size constantly.

Craigslist. Shop around there for good prices.
My next 'new' set will be retreaded.

i had been thinking about rockers. i'll take another look.

I currently have a set of 33x12.5 BFG original muds and they are awesome. I previously had the same tire in 32" form.

Been through some stuff with these tires with open axles that my friend had issues with a locked front and cooper mud tires.

I recently did a trail ride with someone who had a set of rockers and they really impressed me and look gnarly. I think the width is going to be the only issue you will have.

Dick Cepek Crusher. I've got maybe 2000 miles on them. Not nearly as loud as I expected, and I'm very happy with the way they perform. I really like the fact that I never run into anyone with the same tires. I was worried when I ordered them that they would look gay, but I think they look cool as hell.

DSC_0705.jpg

33x12.5 Firestone Destination M/T's AWESOME Mud Terrains!!!

For Rocks and Street nothing is as good as the Goodyear, I have run the old BFG MT's and Iroks, but I still have come back to the Goodyear's as the best tire for what you are asking.

If you are ONLY in DRY rocks the Iroks are great for the price, but on the road they will be gone fast and if it gets even a little wet they are almost useless.

I have heard the BFG KM2 is better then the older BFG tires, but if the price is almost the same I would still go Goodyear!

Good one?

If a chick is wearing heels, I usually take the BMW...

we don't currently own a car, just the 2 xj's, her 3/4 ton dodge, & my dakota.
i am thinking about buying another '63 impala ss though. i have had 7 impalas & kind of miss having one around. :rolleyes:

Back