• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control plug?

HuntMarsh

NAXJA Forum User
week ago my steering column literally blew up/shattered on me. (don't ask, don't tell). anyways, replacing it from the junkyard seemed simple enough, and it was, with the exception of one thing. i didn't bother remembering where the cruise control wire plugs into. my old cruise control lever was busted, so i was kind of excited about having cruise control again, but can't for the life of me find out where this thing plugs into. it's the single black wire with a blade-type connection.

any knowledge?
thanks,
hunter

I took mine out because it stopped working and was just taking up room. I think that the black wire might have plugged into the yellow thing attached to the bottom piece of the dash.

On my 88, the connector from the column goes into one that has a Pink, Black, Yellow and Green wire. It also has a lock clip that secures the switch harness. Since the harness connector is unique, there should only be one mating connector. It's under the dash, to the left of the column.

Back