• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spacer question

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to add coil spacers to level out my small lift and have a quick question. I am going to replace my old worn out OEM rubber insulators with new ones to go with the spacers(measured and it's the height I need). Should the rubber insulators go on top or below the coil spacers? I'm betting, insulator/spacer/coil but just want to be sure.

It goes: Spacer > isolator > coil.

main.php

http://fitchva.com/jeep/?p=37

I just did mine a couple of months ago, but did isolator, spacer, coil. Bought a new isolator too since the oe ones were toast. Worth the extra $25. In all honesty, I think either way works, since they're both formed to seat the top part of the spring.

I do not think it really matters, but if you remove the isolator, then install the spacer, then reinstall the isolator you would not have to worry about the spacer dropping out if you are flexing and happen to REALLY REALLY unseat the coil

I guess it is a debated issue ha. I've gone back and forth, I kept thinking put the insulator under the spacer. The factory designed insulator looks more formed to the shape of the coil than the generic spacer. I've seen many pictures and they all seem to show the opposite though. I guess it doesn't matter...

The order really doesn't matter, but IMO since the poly spacers are more resistant to wear than the stock isolators, the poly should be next to the coils.

Spacers slide off?? I had to soap mine and beat them on with a hammer. Got mine spacer, isolator, coil. The only reason the isolators on is to level the jeep.

Spacers slide off?? I had to soap mine and beat them on with a hammer. Got mine spacer, isolator, coil. The only reason the isolators on is to level the jeep.

sure... they can... seen it happen when I guy unseated a coil... it was funny... he had camo painted EVERYTHING... even the undercarriage... he never figured out where it rolled off to... :roflmao:

I took my isolaters out and 1.5 tears later the coil dug into he spacer adnd split like a piece of wood, it was mid 90s temps and a teraflex spacer. Id say use the isloater between that way it cushions the top of the coil from diging into the spacer

Back