• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

daystar rear spring shackle bushings

OoerictoO

NAXJA Forum User
so last week i did the daystar 1.75" front lift. kinda easy despite the prolific rust holding my truck together...

on to the back. other issues, cut bolts etc, but then a real mystery:

pressed out the old leaf spring bushing and it left that outer metal sleeve there. the daystar bushings are the same diameter as that sleeve. napa said NO chance you could press those bushings into that sleeve without damaging the bushing.
did daystar sell me the wrong bushings?

even if i did get those things pressed in, the inner metal sleeve won't fit and the little slots on the inside of the bushing which i assume are for grease will close up due to the pressure.

the sleeve DOES NOT come out, despite what other posts have said. it appears to be welded in there.

ideas? my car is on blocks and there is no way the bushing i pressed out is going back in :D

come to think of it... why do they sell these with poly at all? wouldn't i prefer rubber bushings??? FML. now that i've all but destroyed the stock bushing sleeve. does the oem bushing set come with a sleeve?

The sleeve comes out. Hammer a screwdriver into the crack where the spring comes around and meets itself if that makes sense. Use eye protection, cause when I did this the screwdriver slipped out and shot about 30 feet up one time. Anyway, once the tension is off the sleeve, it will come out. Penetrating oil is helpful.

You are right. Sawsall cut it in thirds and air chisel got it out. Amazing how much it was fused in there!

Back