• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full circle clips/snap rings

XGarfX

NAXJA Forum User
Just got a set of 760s from a local gear shop but the old man behind the counter could not find me a snap ring that would fit. I want to grind out my ears on my shafts to take full circle clips to avoid caps walking out. Would a place like lowes or home depot carry them? My dad said he wouldnt use a place like that for a vehicle clip but I'm assuming a snap ring is a snap ring is a snap ring, right? I'm willing to order them but I'd much rather just go to a store and get them.

Let me know where you guys got your full circle snap rings and what size you got them. Thanks

Thanks rob, I'm guessing you just brought the u joint in with you and found what fits? I'm replacing my hubs and u joints on my spares to put into my xj as a whole unit, trying to get it done before the may NJJC ride to rausch. Hopefully these snap rings will help out with shaft issues (had no problems so far but want to do it for added insurance), I'm sure with my new gears I'm gona want to use that torque that I finally have again!

PS- I probably just jynxed myself :shocked:

1 7/16" full snap rings at home depot

Sent from tapatalk on iJunk

sometimes when i get 760's they come with the full circle snap rings and sometimes with the 2/3 circle

go figure

When I went I was just getting replacements, I already had one to match up. Don't remember the size, sorry. Taking a cap with you would be a really good idea and just match it up. Get a few extras too, it's really easy to mess them up when your taking them on and off. A really good quality pair of 90* snap ring pliers will make the job a hell of a lot easier.

Last edited:
sometimes when i get 760's they come with the full circle snap rings and sometimes with the 2/3 circle

go figure

I was hoping they would come with it or I would be able to get them from the shop. The owner is an old man and knows his stuff but I dont think he understood what I was asking for, he kept thinking driveshaft clips that go on the outside....Didn't feel like arguing with an old man ahha thanks guys!

Back