• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Synergy Suspension (Poly Performance) HD ball joints

jbmoose

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.synergysuspension.com/Sy...Heavy-Duty-Front-Ball-Joint-Sets-p-26182.html

Was checking these out. Need new ones, and a full set is $250.00, which is similar to Moog stuff. In the one picture, you can see a lower ball joint angled zerk grease fitting, which OE or even Moog don't have (you can't leave the zerk fitting in the lower ball joint as it will contact the u-joint). Not sure if they're bigger or not. Poly has a pretty good reputation. And these aren't available yet (June '11), so I can't just have the parts guy order one just to check it out. Whadda you guys think?

Last edited:
I have been waiting for these to come out for dana 44s for a while now. I dont know what is special about moog stuff compared to spicer stuff, but these have metal on metal bushings as opposed to having plastic liners like normal joints do (ie. supposedly longer life, especially on our lifted rigs). For me its either Spicer, or these once they come out.

From pirate:
PIG said:
Well, the key difference is clearly the elimination of the factory style plastic liners. They are replaced with sintered (powder) metal races that the high carbon heat treated ball ride on.

The Moog stuff has the metal to metal contact sleeve, but not the angled zerk fitting. This is the first time I've seen that. It's just common practice to install and remove the zerk from the lower ball joint to lubricate, since it would contact the axleshaft rotating u-joint. If I can put these in and not have to f with a zerk every 5K to grease the thing, I'm sold.

I see that now. I couldnt find anything on the Moog ones but some more googling revealed that. Im wondering if these have any advantages over moog other than the grease fitting.

I have the JK version of these on my dad's JK Rubi.

They are WAY nice. As far as how reliable they are, .. I'll let you know when one finally wears out. We installed them last winter the week they came out.

I'm on the waiting list for the D30 ones and will run them in KOH.

So, why do they ony list them for 90-01 XJ's ??? everyone else shows 88 to be the same part number as 96 (only 2 yrs I checked)

earlier years had a different knuckle and an insert for the balljoint.

you can still use them with older years.

I believe so. I run WJ knuckles, so I havent actually tried - but I'd be sure enough to order them.

Any of you who want to order from polyperformance, they are a vendor over at pirate and offer a discount.

Just got our Poly Performance ball joints yesterday for the Team NAXJA stock class KOH racer. So, they are now available. We'll let you know how they work after Feb. :D

The Moog stuff has the metal to metal contact sleeve, but not the angled zerk fitting. This is the first time I've seen that. It's just common practice to install and remove the zerk from the lower ball joint to lubricate, since it would contact the axleshaft rotating u-joint. If I can put these in and not have to f with a zerk every 5K to grease the thing, I'm sold.

I use needle zerks that don't get in the way of the shaft and i can just leave em on. The regular zerks get broken off, yeah.

Back