• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Tranmission Flush 89 XJ LTD

XJBucko

NAXJA Forum User
Hi:

I have an 89 XJ LTD with the 4l I6, Automatic with SelecTrack and I'd like to do a Transmission flush. I've found lots of good information on this site but I'm not clear on how the lines from the transmission cooler disconnect at the transmission housing.

• Where the lines meet the transmission, there looks to be some sort of 'wings' (for lack of a better description) on the line that seem like if I were to pinch and pull back (or is it push in?) on them with my fingers, the lines will disconnect - does that make sense?
  • What size hose do I need to slide over the end of the line so that I can watch the colour of the fluid flow out?
  • Do the line 'connectors' need to be replaced once they are disconnected or can they be re-used?
  • If I disconnect the lines how can I clean the connection ports to ensure that I'm not pushing dirt back in when I reconnect the lines?
Thanks for any advice.

Back