• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some repair ideas

bert01xj

NAXJA Forum User
turn the wheel out work and hear a pop but i couldn't look at it. i got back from Maine and had my wife turn the wheel and i saw the gearbox moving so my guess is it pulled out from the frame. i need to fix it and try to make it unlikely to happen again.what should i do. money is always on the mind

You need some kind of brace system. Can't think of the brand names off the top of my head, but one comes highly regarded as having inside and outside plates. Once it's all on, I'd weld it up good and tight too.

You sure it's not just the factory aluminum spacer that bad? This is a common issue. Replacing it will HD inner and outer plates will fix it if it is. JCR & CRok are some to look at. Did you check the bolts to see if they were loose?

First things first. Did you tighten the bolts holding the box?

found out i broke a bolt. anyone know the size for a replacement i don't want to go to the steelership for it. the gear box still is going to get replaced this is so i can get to work and home.

Dont know the length,but its a 7/16"-NC.

Back