• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to spot an aal lift

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
lift was on the jeep when I got it but can't figure out if it's a full leaf pack or an aal, are there any easy ways to tell? they are pulled now so I can take a pic if necessary

thanks

Take a pic of the side and underside of the leaf pack. Someone should be able to count the numbef of leaves in a stock pack. If yours has more, its got an AAL. If it has some kind of part number on it, it's probably aftermarket.

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Looks like an aftermarket full pack to me since the factory did not come with an overload leaf like that flat one at the bottom or and shim. And the clamps or whatever you refer to them as that keep the leaves from sliding out there are common on aftermarket springs and the factory ones were a different design and had rubber in between the clamp and the spring.

i figured it was a full pack since an aal to a 15 year old pack most likely would have sagged by now

thanks for the input guys

that solves the second question, the springs/LCA still had some red paint on them, but skyjacker doesn't make a 3.5" and that's what this measured at using the "Dirty method"

Back