• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi Lift Farm Jack Under Rear Seat Pic?

z06elmo

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All, I have a 2001 XJ and have the 48" high lift farm jack. I've searched and read about how people fit it under the rear seat. I just tried it and I couldn't figure it out. I did take off the bottom plate but still no luck. Anyone have a pic? it appears it would hit the tunnel down the middle.

Danny.

one last bump for anyone. a description even would help.

I have the taller of the two jacks (60"?) and I didn't have any luck fitting it under my rear seat either. I put in the trunk. Its secured between the tire and the tail gate on the left side and between my OBA air tank and tail gate on the right side.

Pretty sure it can't be done. Mark from Detours said a friend of his was coming out with a bracket kit to make it fit (assuming the bracket raised up the bottom part of the seat just enough to fit the jack), but nothing ever came of it. He wouldn't give me any details either.

I cant mount mine that way because my kids car seats are backthere making it impossible to access in an emergency. I have taken a look though and wouldn't it be easy enough to just clearance the tunnel with a BFH. Its just sheet metal and an inch or so off the crest probably wouldn't hurt anything. Then just remove the base and it should fit comfortably.
Just a thought.

thanks for that. in searching most post made it seem like it would just fit. but in reality it appears the tunnel needs massaging for it to work. I'll see what i can do when i get home tonight from work and take pics if i get it to fit.

Put it on the roof rack,or just do what I did 10yrs ago with my 60" hi-lift,put it in the garage and let it collect dust.A 60" won't even get my tires off the ground!

I've been thinking about fabbing a notch in the tunnel because I don't need the clearance and then keeping my axles there as well as a jack.

mine has been under my rear seat for a while now and its great, its never dirty and it isnt in the weather to rust. i just took the base off and stored it to the side, and then took a 4lb mini sledge to beat down the hump a little and it all fits, i have a highlift, the stock bottle jack, ratchet straps, tow strap and an amp under the rear seat and it closes and latches perfectly.

mine has been under my rear seat for a while now and its great, its never dirty and it isnt in the weather to rust. i just took the base off and stored it to the side, and then took a 4lb mini sledge to beat down the hump a little and it all fits, i have a highlift, the stock bottle jack, ratchet straps, tow strap and an amp under the rear seat and it closes and latches perfectly.

can i request a picture? i have tried to get her to fit in but can't find the right angle.

very cool, I would love o see pics of this please

Awesome. I've thought about storing other stuff under there like tow straps and all that, but I usually have crap in the rear seat or on the floor when I'm wheeling, making it tough to access.

i have the picture but for the life of me i cant get it to let me upload a picture, i have a button to insert picture, but it asks for a url, and its jsut on my computer so i dont have a url. help me.

How often do you need to access your hi-lift jack or a tow strap? Not very often I hope.

Haven't used my hi-lift in the 3 years I've owned it. Never know when you'll need the other stuff though. When I go to the Outer Banks and drive on the beach, I always want the tow strap and shackles handy. Winch controller and stuff gets used on the trail for me or for other people that might get stuck. I follow my friends that are on almost 40" tires and 1 ton axles, so getting stuck is certainly a possibility on 35's in a full bodied XJ.:rolleyes:

i guess there is suppose to be a box that is labeled manage attachments, but i dont see it, nor do i have the option to create a photo album in the user cp, what gives?

Host them on photobucket, then link.

How often do you need to access your hi-lift jack or a tow strap? Not very often I hope.

Depends on how much you wheel, and where! :D

Click free:
highliftunderseat.jpg

Back