• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler (ZJ) syspension parts on my Cherokee

Cherokee Dan

NAXJA Forum User
My neightbor is offering me his stock suspension from his 06 wrangler rubicon. I am only looking for an inch or two lift on my 16 y/o son 99 stock XJ. Are these shocks and front springs going to work? I am getting everything including trackbar and control arms. Anything else usable? Are the frt springs any higher rate than stock Xj's?

I am in the market for upcountry rear springs w/ a 1in lift if anyone has a set.

Here is the pics of the parts he just took off

Tell what you thinks guys

TIA

Cherokee Dan

stock TJ springs will lower and XJ so if a rubicon sits an inch taller over normal TJs then the springs will most likely give you no lift other than is your XJ's springs are sagging a little and the newer TJ springs will sit a tiny bit higher but no where close to an inch. The control arms are identical to your XJ's control arms so no benefit there and the trac bar most likely is not very different from your XJ but to make sure just hold it up to your XJ's bar and see if there is a difference. Honestly trying to put those parts on you XJ is a waste of time since they provide almost no benefit. Buy a 1 1/2" budget boost kit and call it a day. One of these kits can be had for fairly inexpensive and are easy to install.

How about the shocks? They have 500 miles on them and my stock XJ's have 135k on them. Will they work on a 1-2 in lift?

Thanks all

Cherokee Dan

Back