• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Denver Area Meet & Greet w/kids mid June -- Spring Creek / MSV / Coney Flats

manifoldcookindad

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all -- Its 445am -- I had sooo much fun at the Meet & Greet --- I wanted to open up a new thread for a Colorado Chapter -- Denver Area Meet & Greet -- Bring the Kids -- Create some events for the kids -- JUMPIN Air Filled CASTLE / SLIDE for the kids? Run Spring Creek or Middle St Vrain / Coney Flats

I was thinking mid JUNE --- say June 18th -- YOUR THOUGHTS?

Last edited:
Spring Creek would be awesome and there are a few empty lots nearby that we might be able to get setup.

MSV/Coney would be very doable because of the campgrounds but I'm not sure how they would take to an RTI ramp.

Either one will take some planning but I would be down for either one as well.

Great!!!

Should we plan for a Spring Creek Run without the Meet and Greet? Or plan the meet and greet with Spring Creek as the Trail Run? Your Thoughts?

I will have my kids on 6/18--They love jeepin with me. :party:

Sounds like a plan!

Question--6/18 - 6/20 is Fathers" Day weekend..Since we are a family group....what are your thoughts to makin this a Fathers' Run M&G with wife / kids and fathers?? Bring your Dads jeepin day...Fathers day is Sunday 6/19. So a M&G on Saturday 6/18? OR should we plan this first weekend in june or late june?

Im in on this Charlie! It's nice to see some new excitement for organizing runs and Meet and greets.
I will watch the final dates due to my motorcycle trips I have planned but so far the dates you have proposed all work for me.
The Saturday before fathers day sounds interesting. I lost my old man a few years ago but I would have loved to bring him to something like this.

Come on everybody! Check your calanders and post up your thoughts, this sounds like fun.

I have drill father's day weekend so that's a no-go for me. The first two weekends in June should be clear though. Whatever works best for you guys.

As far as specific dates and trail runs,,I am open. MSV typically opens after fathers day 6/19 -- Spring Creek, especially just before Rock Garden is snowed in late May to early June. Im just anxious to get on a trail.

Ok all -- we are about a month out from a June meet and greet.....Its time to set a date.

Spring Creek Rock Garden and Middle St. Vrain / Coney are typically passable / open by mid to late June.

Fathers' Day weekend 6/17-19?

Dutch, kronik, xcase and flingshot -- would yall prefer the weekend prior to fathers day weekend or after? Say June 11, Saturday? or Saturday, June 25?

Several folks were thinking more milder trail than spring creek. Middle St Vrain / Coney..will not be open til after Fathers Day.

Big Mother Hill run both ways, Firmans Hill and the Squeeze, could also be fun, challenging, but moderate as compared to Spring Creek.

Your Thoughts?

Congrats!!! When will you be back from your honeymoon?
honeymoon.......... hahaha there will be no such thing. our honeymoon will consist of our bed and maybe some wheelin! :eyes:
Dutch, kronik, xcase and flingshot -- would yall prefer the weekend prior to fathers day weekend or after? Say June 11, Saturday? or Saturday, June 25?

Several folks were thinking more milder trail than spring creek. Middle St Vrain / Coney..will not be open til after Fathers Day.

Big Mother Hill run both ways, Firmans Hill and the Squeeze, could also be fun, challenging, but moderate as compared to Spring Creek.

Your Thoughts?

do what you gotta do! the biggest thing with the M&G i set up was keepin the set date! changing dates could make more of an issue with others being able to make it.

i dont have my heart set on making it. there will always be more to attend. do what you gotta do! if i can make it, i will be there.
if not, ill be at the next one!:peace:

I would prefer a little later in june, I am moving up to silverthorne on the first and would like to settle in up there a little before I start making some trips.

Manifoldcookin dad, Check your PM's bud.

Father's Day Weekend near Carter Lake, Berthoud.

Can we incorporate this into the Denver area Meet & Greet - MSV/Coney Flats run?

Terry Parrish had a party cancellation at his RV Park/Event Center located near Berthoud. This place is sweet, with a creek, lots of shade, space, peacocks & critters. It abuts (no access) the north side of Rabbit Mtn.Open Space (Boulder County) 15 minutes northeast of Lyons.

He agreed to host NAXJA and any other jeep club at his daily group rates that weekend:
tent: $16.50,
RV/Trailer=$22.50,
Tepee rental=$35 (1,2,3 bed)

Call Terry for more info + reservations: 970-980-4745

tThe St Vrain/Coney Creek trail is one of the Trail Ridge Runners ( http://trr4wd.com/trrcale.htm ) adopted tails and they are not officially cleaning and opening it until after June 17 or 18th due to deep snow and downed trees. If you guys and girls are interested, I might be able to get an invite to help in the clean-up and trail opening.

How about Red Mountain Trail, It's not too hard and it's in the sun mostly.

BAsed on trail openings I'd say later is better. I've already got plans to go on an extended trip the last weekend of Jun and the first 2 weekends of Jun seem to be filling up with work so I probably won' be making this one.

Back