• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector Choices

Super mud

NAXJA Forum User
I posted a thread a while ago on the 87-95 precision injectors with no response and am still looking for some answers.
I've got an 87 renix 4.0 with basics like a cai, hi flow muffler, and advanced timing, + boring the tiny 53mm tb soon. Also 215,000 miles on the jeep with a swapped engine and trans by PO, not sure which injectors got thrown on but worth the upgrade. I noticed the renix era injectors are supposed to be the lowest rated flow though with the later OBDI system the raised the flow rate but same injectors? Will the precision injectors match the higher flow rate? Also will the 96+ injectors work on the renix?

Last edited by a moderator:
The injectors up til 99 Should be plug n pray, as in 00 they changed the connector.
The HO had a higher pressure rating for the fuel system, I believe.
I have no personal experience with the precision injectors per say. But I do have Ford 19# orange top 4-hole injectors in my Renix, and my idle smoothed out well. As of now I have those, 60mm bored TB from strokedjeep.com, Accell 8.8mm series 8000 plug wires (not really needed, I know but they came with my the Super-tune kit I picked up shortly after I bought my XJ), Napa Gold drop in filter, Magnaflow 4x9 oval 14" muffler with turndown.

No, all of the stock cherokee injectors are single hole.

No, all of the stock cherokee injectors are single hole.

the precision 99+ have the 4 hole design. I see why every one gets the ford injectors since they have the 4 hole design but with the compatable connector.

I think I've decided on the 87-95 injectors since they are far cheaper. The ford injectors from precision are 140$. Probobly won't find them cheaper anywhere else I guess?

Last edited:
Im using the green, 4 hole injectors from precision on my 2001 4.0l.

The idle smooth out, throttle response was better, and I might of picked up a little mpg.

At first, they were leaking through, allowing fuel to leak into the 3rd cylinder, and it was starting poorly.

I called them, and they sent me a new set, free. Problem solved.

the precision 99+ have the 4 hole design. I see why every one gets the ford injectors since they have the 4 hole design but with the compatable connector.

I think I've decided on the 87-95 injectors since they are far cheaper. The ford injectors from precision are 140$. Probobly won't find them cheaper anywhere else I guess?

Not all of the fords have a 4 hole injector. You typically get the 4 hole going from an EV1 to EV6 injector body, keeping the Jetronics plug.

There is no 19 pound EV6 Jetronics injector offered from Ford (that i am aware of), but the 24 pound would be part number M-9593-AA302*

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-9593-AA302/

Probably too much fuel for what you are running.

I'm not up on most of the aftermarket injectors available. I'm running the AA302's now, but will be upgrading to BB302 30 pound injectors here soon.. stroker, big cam, big throttle body, etc.

Back