• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have searched. Dodge gear box

bert01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched for the dodge steering gear box and still could use a little help. Do I need a spacer for it to mount?I saw one that used it. What year will work and keep me from having to pull it apart and mod it to go lock to lock. When I searched the junk yards I put in 99 and got ones for 98 and some other years are they the same or do they all just mount the same? I know this has been covered alot but it is hard to find the one ture answer and I could use some help so when I get back to pa on Friday I can get the part.

you need to add a washer to the factory spacer on each bolt for it to fit on the framerail.

i got a 99 (i think?) non-plow new from napa and it worked fine, didnt have to tear it apart i had lock to lock steering. my buddy has it on his yj now, still works mint.

i had it on 33s, my buddy's yj is on 35s. it is noticeably slower in high speed quick manuevers (bigger box, more fluid, stock pump), but nothing to go crazy about unless youre racing.

Back