• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 axle shafts for XJ/TJ rear axle $100

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
I bought these a couple years ago for trail spares and never got them fixed up with new bearings or seals to actually use them. In fact I totally forgot about them hidden in the corner of my garage.

They will fit a D44 that was used in a TJ or in the XJ D44 model. (These is a difference in the bolt plate that is used between the two Jeeps.

Asking $100 for both. PM if interested.

d44shafts.jpg

Actually yes but I am ass deep in a transfercase swap with linkage, exaust repairs...........

Just curious, are they of the same length?mIn other words, is the pumpkin centered on the Cherokee d44s?

Just curious, are they of the same length?mIn other words, is the pumpkin centered on the Cherokee d44s?

Nope, unfortunately, in order to carry a spare shaft for a D44 rear....... you need both. Only about 3/4" difference between the two.

Nope, unfortunately, in order to carry a spare shaft for a D44 rear....... you need both. Only about 3/4" difference between the two.

:twak: actually you can use the short side on either.... just to get you off the trail of course.

Can and should are two totally different points of view. I'd never consider it if I valued the locker in that diff.

Seems to me that the side loads to the outter bearing are somewhat protected as well with having the inner end of the shaft properly butting up against the center pin in the diff/locker. Driving off camber or through a wedge could force that shaft inward destroying the axle seal and damaging/separating that outter bearing.

Chances are, you'd still have some pretty decent obstacles to have to tackle to get off the trail.... regardless if you turned around to skip the obstacle that broke the shaft in the first place.

But what do I know....... :dunno:

:D

Can and should are two totally different points of view. I'd never consider it if I valued the locker in that diff.

Seems to me that the side loads to the outter bearing are somewhat protected as well with having the inner end of the shaft properly butting up against the center pin in the diff/locker. Driving off camber or through a wedge could force that shaft inward destroying the axle seal and damaging/separating that outter bearing.

Chances are, you'd still have some pretty decent obstacles to have to tackle to get off the trail.... regardless if you turned around to skip the obstacle that broke the shaft in the first place.

But what do I know....... :dunno:

:D

Hmmm......... can and would for a quick trail fix :D Not a chance in hell that shaft is going to get pushed in and destroy the carrier/locker........ if that shaft goes in for some reason the carrier/locker is not all that will be screwed :wierd:

I'll have to try to remember to swap the short shaft to the long side just to see how deep it sits in the carrier the next time I'm inside a D44. I wouldn't wanna do it if less than 2/3rds of the splines were in the carrier.

Back