• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with no high-beams...

Mr Clean 1

NAXJA Forum User
The low beams in my '01 XJ Limited work fine. High-beams worked fine up until several months ago. They just quit coming on when the multi-function lever on the steering column was pushed forward to turn them on or pulled back to "flash" an oncoming driver with the high-beams. I up graded the wiring harness to the harness to a LMC 36-3580 and IPF H4 Fatboy's 2 years ago with no issues. The low's still work on the upgraded harness but no highs. I checked the relays, there are 2 with this harness, switching them between each other and seeing if the headlights came on, they did, so it doesn’t seem like it's the relays. The fuses must be good otherwise the headlights wouldn't be on at all if any were blown, correct? I just finished replacing the Multi-Function Lever on the steering column, it wasn't the problem because I still have no high-beams but I do have a brand new multi-function lever! So what are my next steps or plan of attack? Is there something I'm missing....? Any advice would be appreciated.
P.S. Sorry so long winded I just wanted to make sure you have all the details need to properly help resolve my issue.
Thanx.

Back