• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running front swaybar behind axle...anyone???

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have come to a loss on what to do now. I am running a front hp 44 narrowed with high steer and have looked at many ideas as to what to do for swaybar mounts but everything interferes with high steer arms. I am now entertaining the idea of running swaybar behind the axle. Same basic principle applies it seems like to its function front or behind axle. Anyone ever done this or should I just bag it and ditch the idea of ever having a swaybar again. If you have gimme pics please.

have you looked into running an antirock?

i have seen those along with highsteer setups on the same rig

Sway bars? what are these things of which you speak of?...lol Sorry no help here.

Post up a pic of your jeeps front end, a couple side shots and a head on shot so we can see what you are dealing with.

heres some crappy phone pics. thats at full lock to give you an idea of the little room i have
IMG_20110420_130129.jpg

IMG_20110420_130142.jpg

IMG_20110420_130150.jpg

IMG_20110420_130210.jpg

How about something like this, only bring the link mount off the top of the inner C instead of the front?

100_3457.jpg

That may work with the antirock but keep in mind that the factory sway bar is almost exactly as wide as the center of the coil buckets. The factory bar would have the discos at a crazy angle. I wish it were about 4 inches wider and it would be perfect. Maybe a bar from a tj?

My antirock sway bar is 36", but I bent the arms to better line up with the knuckles, so the distance between the arms is 39.5".

Use really good shocks and you won't need the sway bar?

Use really good shocks and you won't need the sway bar?

It will only help during the initial weight transfer. Eventually it will lean over through a corner. Ever compressed a shock by hand? Sure it holds it's length at first but slowly it will compress with only the force of your body. A shocks gas charge has very little effect on giving it a substantial spring rate. Besides an air shock obviously.

How about something like this, only bring the link mount off the top of the inner C instead of the front?

100_3457.jpg

This setup still appears to interfere with my high steer setup. Im not desperate for a swaybar, with my little wider stance and decent shocks my rig is okay in the corners. Its the one time I need to make an evasive that concerns me. Looks like unless I locate the mount over my whole axle similar to the teraflex design im out of luck. It looks like the poly performance mounts could possibly work but who knows....

Are you dead set on running a stock swaybar? There a lots of pluses to the antirock, the least of which is having more flexibility in mounting around your high steer setup.

Reviewing your photos, I can't see why you couldn't attach an endlink mounting tab similar to mine on top of the inner C, pointing forward, which would clear the high steer arm sweep.

Have you made some mock-up tabs out of cardboard (cereal boxes work great for this....empty them first, or it gets messy :laugh3: ) and taped them on your axle where suggested and cycle the steering to verify clearance?

IMG_20110420_130210.jpg

Last edited:
Back