• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax-15 2wd driveshaft on a NV3550 2wd trans?

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
I know they are both 23 spline output shaft so is there any reason it would not fit on the nv3550?

bumpity bump

Damn you Nick a google search brought this up lol. I thought I found my answer. I can keep the shaft until I find an answer if thats cool with you?

But yes bump will it work!!!!!

haha thats funny. Ya thats fine!

Nick my out put shaft is 30 spline...Idk if its a NV3550 or not now??? I've read the NV3550 was a 23 or 26 spline..I'm 100% sure the trans I got is 30 spline, so idk what the hell is up. & to boot the guy I bought it from won't/hasn't answered

When I bought it the guy had it in his garage & said it was from a 2001 cherokee...When I put it in it bolted right up with my cross member! Its virtually the same size as my old trans, I'm at a lose here.
I can't even put my old trans in because I had a cv style drive shaft & that is now on a buddys jeep....
I called a few shops, & I'm going to one on Monday to see what they can do for me. I'll let you now, sorry this is dragging on bro. I'll have to shoot you a couple extra bucks:wave1:

Ya if its a NV3550 it should be a 23 spline output shaft. The bell housing bolted up?

ask the guy if it was from a 2wd 2001 jeep GRAND cherokee. They had 30 spline output shafts IIRC

ya bolted directly up. I used my centerforce clutch from my ax-15 & everything!
He hasn't/won't answer now..Its making me think he screwed me! Its no big deal, I'm going to a shop to see if they can build a custom one for me & I'm gonna bring yours as a refferance!
I counted it like 7 or 8 times now its 30 spline 100%

Back