• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relocate rear axle after 5" lift

ArmyDad

NAXJA Forum User
As some have noted, after lifting the XJ a few inches the rear axle does move closer to the front of the wheelwell.

Is anything to be gained by moving the axle back 1"-2"? One way to do it is to weld on a new, longer spring perch and drill to move the axle back but not sure anything is really going to be accomplished outside of esthetics.

Thanks!
=====

Send a PM to Playwithit. He's got a write-up someplace in the Sierra Chapter.

Will do, thanks.

While I have your ear, as it were, are there any chapter "meet and greets" or the like? New to the hobby, got a good local club I'm working with but want to meet more folks.

Thanks!

Tom
=====

the issue with moving it back is upon suspension compression the tire also moves back into the wheel opening and if too far back rubs the body.

if you bumpstop enough and want it further back in the wheel opening at ride height i suppose you will figure out how far you will need to move it back and can do so by adjustable spring perches/u bolt plates

Back