• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ultimate D44 rear? :D

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
they are ifs and use special gears. plus the aluminum housing and stretch and loose the preload on the carrier bearing if jacked up by a floor jack or landed on a good size rock on the center of the diff housing.

if I were making a bagged and dropped mini truck it would be pretty cool addition... offroad truck, not so much.

LoL i honestly didnt realize it was a third member!!! it sure does look cool though, I bet a lot of rat rod guys use em, solely base on looks

a third member is whats found on a ford 9", or toyota axles, thats not a third member. thats an irs diff...

heres an independant front axle (ifs) buggy, notice the center section doesnt move with the suspension travel at all?

this, is a fabricated third member style solid rear axle (banjo). the third member is not shown:

Last edited:
as far as the mini truckers go, availaibility is king, not many scraped vipers around at the junkyards...
which is why a lot of them use jaguar IRS setup's. ive seen em myself at the junkyards...
they have inboarded brakes, which is kinda cool, lowers unsprung weight.

as far as the mini truckers go, availaibility is king, not many scraped vipers around at the junkyards...
which is why a lot of them use jaguar IRS setup's. ive seen em myself at the junkyards...
they have inboarded brakes, which is kinda cool, lowers unsprung weight.

That's pretty cool!

Back