• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat From Atlas Transfer Case

oldbuddy

NAXJA Forum User
We have a 2000 XJ. Highly modified... The floor in the XJ has been line-x and so there is no carpet or insulation.. The floor around the shifter gets really hot which makes the cab really hot.. Would there be a problem using that sliver insulation on the floor around the shifter and then some carpet over the top? We weren't sure if that would send more heat down to the Atlas..Thanks for any suggestions..

We have a 2000 XJ. Highly modified... The floor in the XJ has been line-x and so there is no carpet or insulation.. The floor around the shifter gets really hot which makes the cab really hot.. Would there be a problem using that sliver insulation on the floor around the shifter and then some carpet over the top? We weren't sure if that would send more heat down to the Atlas..Thanks for any suggestions..

I think you'll do fine, As long as there is a enough room for it to dissipate the heat you should be fine, Not sure how close an atlas sits to the tunnel though. I want to do something like that with my Jeep. I find myself putting my leg on the trans tunnel during longer trips and it gets Hot in the summer.

Back