• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dOUBLE dIFF sWAP-now troubles

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So we have a 90 xj 3.5 superflex, 4.0,5spd, someone swapped in 4:10 front and rear at some point. the 92 4.0,4.5 inch rc with drop brackets, auto had 3:55's . So we spend the afternoon last sunday doing a double diff swap from jeep to jeep, get them both buttoned up and noticed the steering now hits the steering stabilizer mount bolt on the 1992. So my question is, If we never swapped control arms, why would it be hitting? The only thing I can think of is their is a differnce is dana 30 housings or lower arm mounts???? kinda baffled.

Renix had vac-disco axle, and later non-disco. But do not see how hat would affect anything. Stock steering?

Yes stock steering, both rigs. The only change is the dana 30's swapped from one jeep to another. I'll have to swap front shafts as well as one is fully extended, and one is fully compressed.

^^^ this is definitely related to the problem. I would say carefully look through the mount locations, control arms, etc and try to find where the difference is. If someone swapped in 4:10 axles at some point they may have swapped in other items as well.

One has drop brackets, the other doesn't... so the control arms don't share the same mounting locations on the frame between the two. I'd say thats your difference in front axle location.

HP vs LP maybe? As far as the shaft lengths? Regard less of the LCA mounts on the body side the axle should locate the same as far as caster and pinion angle. If all you changed was the axle and not the arms the LCA should make no difference.

Last edited:
Back