• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SERIOUS STEERING!!!!

So it says "We bore and tap it to accept a standard Chevy 1 ton Tie-Rod end."

Does that mean that you don't include them with the kit? I don't see anywhere that says that they are included.

b903df537b5faa45b332f493c887da2d.image.767x335.JPG

I was looking at your picture to check out your product and I think you may want to taper your watermark down a tad.

BTW, I like that steering set up. :thumbup:

Thanks Frank! I got my steering installed along with new ball joints and cannot believe I didn't do this sooner. I feel much more comfortable driving down the freeway, and steering is much more responsive. It also was great to have when I went wheeling last weekend up at Chinaman Gulch. If I had my stock Tie rod, I definitely would have bent it on some of those obstacles.

Here is a picture of it installed. Feel free to use as needed.

DSC00503.JPG

Regarding the spacer that is used to control/minimize tie-rod roll:

A soft spacer till squeeze out over time, a harder spacer will last longer. Due to force exerted on the spacer it should be inspected periodically and replaced as needed. No different than any other bushing, seal or grease boot.

Why not make it out of metal then?

Because the majority of people installing this system don't have the equipment to ream the passenger knuckle to a specific depth so that a metal spacer of a specific thickness can be used.

A somewhat flexible spacer allows for a little excess depth if the knuckle is improperly reamed.

Also,
The poly spacer will conform to imperfections in the knuclle and TRE and seal grease in and water out.

Make sense?

Because the majority of people installing this system don't have the equipment to ream the passenger knuckle to a specific depth so that a metal spacer of a specific thickness can be used.

A somewhat flexible spacer allows for a little excess depth if the knuckle is improperly reamed.

Also,
The poly spacer will conform to imperfections in the knuclle and TRE and seal grease in and water out.

Make sense?

Yup that makes perfect sense. How often do these spacers wear out? I am considering purchasing your system sometime over the summer when I get the money and it will go on my XJ that I drive daily so I need to make sure it handles well on the highway and daily driver use.

Back