• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 4.0 PCM trouble shooting

2001BlackonBlack

NAXJA Forum User
So many of you may have already seen my post a few weeks ago titled 4.0 voltage issue. Here is the update followed by a question with in my charging system I have now replaced the battery, all four leads coming off of it, the alternator, and check every other splice, and connecters, and they are all good the source and field voltage is where my problem is. The generator source voltage is 12.16 VDC, and the generator field is Zero. I'm trying to figure out if the generator field outputs from the PCM or comes off of the generator. So my question is this,

How can I verify that my PCM is faulty without spending the ridiculous about of money to buy another one?

There is a temperature sensor in the bottom of the battery tray, center, it goes to PCM. If it is short/open can zonk system.

No info on 2001.

Most likely place for problem is right near Battery, so quick looksee might find it.

Good Luck,
Orange

If you get stuck and have to replace some components, a good source is a salvage yard. Especially for something like the computer, which is expensive, even for an online refurb. Just be sure that it is a computer that is applicable for the year/ transmission.

Back