• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 front door panel removal

BMWGuy

NAXJA Forum User
I have two screws for the armrest, one from the power window/lock module, one from the door handle, and the small screw at the top/inside all removed. I have plastic trim tools and have the clips undone from the perimeter of the panel. It looks like I have to lift up on the panel to disconnect it from the window trim. Something is hanging up in the middle and it won't budge.

Any suggestions? Does the (black) trim insert above the armrest pull out and expose more screws or is it glued in? I didn't think I needed to remove the armrest and the window/power door lock part of the assembly completely.

Thanks.

The bars that run from the lock and handle have little clips on them. You'll need to get your hand down in there to unsnap them.

I thought I had the one armrest screw backed out far enough (but I didn't). The plastic "visqueen"/vapor barrier got pulled into the screw threads to the point where it wouldn't come out. I took a long flat screwdriver and ripped the hell out of the vapor barrier until the screw finally came out. Door lock rods still in place. I'm only replacing the speakers and wires so I don't need to take the entire panel off, just get it out of the way.

Back