• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help. Dana 30 axle shaft oil seals.

shhuskins

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 98 cherokee I was changing the Ujoints and saw the driver side seal must be leaking it was on the spindle. Pulled the diff and because I didnt have a new seal to see wat it looked like and see what I was trying to get out I pulled the the rubber O ring type deal that goes around the oil seal. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. where the hell can I get one?? I feel like a dang idiot.
Thanks

Ok I have a 98 cherokee I was changing the Ujoints and saw the driver side seal must be leaking it was on the spindle. Pulled the diff and because I didnt have a new seal to see wat it looked like and see what I was trying to get out I pulled the the rubber O ring type deal that goes around the oil seal. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. where the hell can I get one?? I feel like a dang idiot.
Thanks

If you are talking the rubber o-ring looking thing that has to be ripped out to get it out you can not buy a new one. I did the same thing and so have many many people, and have no issues. Technically it is not the seal. The seal sits into the axle tube its self.

If you are talking the rubber o-ring looking thing that has to be ripped out to get it out you can not buy a new one. I did the same thing and so have many many people, and have no issues. Technically it is not the seal. The seal sits into the axle tube its self.

This was my first thought when reading his post. Sounds like that ring of excess black sealant left over from the axle assembly process. I know I have read about it in the D44's, couldn't confirm if it was used when joining the tubes and housing on the D30 as well.

Back